Swell Blog

8.06.2006

Spelunk is not the sound of someone's head falling off


Sweltering. 110 degrees. Power outages all over the city.

Me. Hiding from the sun in a very cold theater, getting the shit scared out of me watching my 20th ought-sixer, "The Descent".

If you're lucky enough to have no idea what its about, avoid any and all reviews and just go see it. Those of you who know me know I'm a horror movie dork. Survival horror is one the most neglected sub-categories of a pretty damn neglected genre, so when I spout the next line of hyperbole, know that I understand what I like and what I want from a horror flick.

Here goes: The Descent



"The Descent" is the best horror film I've seen in at least 5 years, and most probably the third best horror film I've ever seen. I know. Hyperbole can be messy, but I honestly don't see how my opinion will change anytime soon.

It's a flawless exercise in terror, claustrophobia, panic, and... gasp... character development. I don't want to write a real review of this film. For one... way too fucking hot to be elegant right now. Second, I don't want to give even a little a bit way.

If you have a strong stomach, go. Right now. Get off your ass, get in your air conditioned car, and go. Sale a CD if you're broke.

Hell, sneak in.

Just go.

1 Comments:

  • I can't find your e-mail. Check this:

    http://ktwu.washburn.edu/AScohostADV.pdf

    By Blogger ARM, at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home